Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Shazam! Second Life!

That's it!! It's an online world where people meet, date, conduct business and travel with virtual identities and pseudonyms. Now I know what my 18 year old son is doing-because they don't tell you anything! Hooray! My son is ADD and I now could see why he is so interested in the second life world. It allows a person to role play and it sort of trains the brain while having real time conversations BUT in a make believe world! I think this would make a great therapy tool for children and adults alike. I actually think my son rents one of his characters out to someone else in one of his game situations because my son has brought the character to such a high level that he is aksed to rent the character by people who cannot achieve such a high level of play. Not sure on that one though, but I can't wait to ask him!
I understand that it has virtual beaches too--cannot wait to explore this further!!

No comments: