Tuesday, October 9, 2007

NUTRITION RULES TO LIVE BY

1. COME BACK TO EARTH!!! Try to choose the least processed forms of food. Fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
2. Eat BREAKFAST every day!
3. Eat smaller portions more often, spread evenly across the day.
4. Stay HYDRATED (.6 x body weight = ounces of water per day) by drinking only non-caloric beverages (water/green tea).
5. Include a LEAN protein source with each meal.
6. Choose foods, especially carbs, rich in FIBER (25-35g/day).
7. Eat fruits or vegetables with each meal. Green vegetables are key!!!
8. Exercise! Keep moving. It is important both physically and mentally.
9. Last, but not least. Get some rest. The body recovers and repairs when it is sleeping.

1 comment:

Amy L. said...

I liked your healthy living tips. I wish I could get plenty of rest, but that isn't always possible with a new baby in the house! Ah well, I guess I will work on the water and the eating and hope for the best with the sleeping!